Hi, I’m Scott, owner and guide at Island Kayak Adventures. We are a local family-owned kayaking company. We specialize in guided eco kayak adventures, and keep our tours at $32 per person because we believe in the pay it forward philosophy. Growing up here in St. Petersburg has given me a lifetime of experience and knowledge in Shell Key Preserve. This has allowed me the opportunity to find all the best kayaking spots to give you a true Florida experience, something other kayak companies just can’t do. I started this kayaking company to share these places with you. We launch from a public launch site in Tierra Verde, Florida, centrally located approximately 15 minutes from downtown St. Petersburg, and 10 minutes from St. Pete Beach. We combine the highest quality single & tandem sit inside kayaks, PFDs, and paddles with the best price for an experience that is second to none. We keep our groups small in order to give you the best, most personalized experience possible. Our goal is to share the natural beauty of the preserve with you in a safe and environmentally friendly way, just as we have for years. Help us make kayaking with Island Kayak Adventures one of the most popular things to do in the Tampa Bay area. Come on out, make some new friends, and let us show you around this hidden gem! Get a sneak peek by checking out some of our photos.
Our $32 50/50 Shell Key Tour adventure does not require any experience. Tours last approximately 3 hours. We provide all necessary equipment and paddle instructions if needed. Please book your reservation in advance as space is limited.
1. Yes, it’s really just $32 per person. We enjoy making our tours affordable for everyone.
2. No experience is necessary. Our tours are perfect for both first-timers and advanced kayakers. An easy to follow paddle instruction is provided.
3. We provide all necessary equipment, including kayak, paddle, life jacket, and signaling device.
4. All of our kayaks are high quality, comfortable, stable, sit inside kayaks with back rests.
5. We have both tandem (double) and single kayaks.
6. We have two guides on each tour for your safety, comfort, and convience.
7. Our tour times vary from day to day, depending on the tide.
8. Reservations are required. Contact us in advance to secure your spot.
10. We do not charge any booking fees, or require payment in advance for reservations made by phone or text.
Our $32 50/50 Shell Key Tour adventure does not require any experience. Tours last approximately 3 hours. We provide all necessary equipment and paddle instructions if needed. Keep in mind our adventures take place in a shallow saltwater preserve. There are no alligators, and most of the water is knee to waist-deep; perfect for both beginners and experts. Please book your reservation in advance as space is limited. Call or text (727) 490-8211 to schedule your adventure.
50/50 Shell Key Tour
- $32 per person
- approximately 3 hours
The 50/50 Shell Key Tour is 50% kayaking, 50% nature, and 100% ideal for people who want it all. You get an expert guide to show you through the mangrove tunnels (tide permitting) and time your adventure just right to give you the best possible chance at seeing dolphins & manatees who only visit the area at certain times of the day. You also get time to explore Shell Key, whether that means shelling, swimming, snorkeling, or simply enjoying the view. It’s truly the best of both worlds!
Why We Do What We Do
Here is a little backstory on me…I grew up in Pinellas County, and have been boating, fishing, and kayaking at Shell Key Preserve since I was a kid. Much of the county has been developed and built up, but the natural beauty and slow pace of the preserve have stayed the same. My mission is to share this beautiful ecosystem with you at a price that anyone can afford because I enjoy sharing the Florida I grew up with and making new friends. I look forward to giving you the best kayaking adventure in the Tampa Bay area.